Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match and Books App for Audiobooks

Previously with iTunes and iTunes Match, I was able to stream my audiobook mp3 files through iTunes. Now it seems that those should be in Books App as Audiobooks instead.

Can I stream my Audiobook Mp3s, though iCloud via the Books App? I can't seem find an option to "upload to iCloud" within Books app in Catalina.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 3:20 AM

iTunes Match is not intended for use with audiobooks although if the files are catagorized as music and not overly large or long then the files can be uploaded and synced through the cloud like music. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Once you treat them as audioboooks and put them in the Books app then they need to be transferred to the device over USB using options in Finder.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 3:20 AM in response to Ron Feliciano1

iTunes Match is not intended for use with audiobooks although if the files are catagorized as music and not overly large or long then the files can be uploaded and synced through the cloud like music. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Once you treat them as audioboooks and put them in the Books app then they need to be transferred to the device over USB using options in Finder.

tt2

iTunes Match and Books App for Audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.