Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to Back Up

I have enough space in my iCloud. Only 1.5GB is used out of 5GB. And still I can’t backup my phone. It always shows ‘not enough space’.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Hello Ashneet,

Your iPhone probably more data than 5GB to back up and thats why it is not backing up on iCloud. In other words, your iPhone has more data to back up than the space available on iCloud and therefore the error.

Axel F.

11 replies

Jun 19, 2020 10:15 AM in response to ashneet26

Good to know. So you see, your iPhone will need more than the available 5GB of space on iCloud to create a back up file there. That is why you are getting the message that you do not have enough storage space on iCloud.

On the other hand, your iPhone itself is not full and has some more space left for storage. Just cannot back itself up on iCloud.

You can either buy more space for iCloud so that your iPhone can create a back up there OR you can create back ups of your own on a computer.

Axel F.

Not able to Back Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.