Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs skipped/disappear from Apple playlists

I'm having a very frustrating issue with many of the Apple-curated playlists in Apple Music (on Mac)

I start playing the playlist and after 1-2 songs have played, suddenly several of the songs are skipped/removed from the list. A 30 song playlist suddenly ends up with only 3-4 songs left. I can play each song individually if I click play on them specifically - but no matter what I do I cannot get them to play continuously.

I've tried restarting the app, my Mac, signing in and out to no avail.

Here's an example - a screenshot of the playlist at the start.

Then I let the first song play (or hit next), and end up with this:

Anyone else seen this? Makes playlists nearly useless and is extremely frustrating!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 8:17 PM

dsfdasfdsfadasfasdfas,

Try deauthorizing your Mac and reauthorizing it. This article will help.

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

After you've reauthorized your Mac, test your playlists again. If it still isn't working, try creating a new Music library as outlined here:

Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac - Apple Support

After creating a new library, see if you can access your Apple Music account and test the playlists there.

We suggest that you contact Apple Support from here: Get Support

Good luck.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 8:17 PM in response to dsfdasfdsfadasfasdfas

dsfdasfdsfadasfasdfas,

Try deauthorizing your Mac and reauthorizing it. This article will help.

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

After you've reauthorized your Mac, test your playlists again. If it still isn't working, try creating a new Music library as outlined here:

Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac - Apple Support

After creating a new library, see if you can access your Apple Music account and test the playlists there.

We suggest that you contact Apple Support from here: Get Support

Good luck.

Jun 23, 2020 12:09 PM in response to dsfdasfdsfadasfasdfas

Hi, dsfdasfdsfadasfasdfas.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you’re trying to listen to Apple curated playlists on your Mac, and after you’ve listened to a few songs most of the content disappears from the playlist. It sounds like you’ve done some great troubleshooting by restarting your Mac and the Music app. Even signing out of your Apple ID can help.

Is it possible that the songs that remain in the playlists are the songs that are already part of your Apple Music library? For example, is Little by Little by Joel Taylor downloaded on your Mac already? We’re curious if you’re losing connection to the playlist and retaining only the content you already have downloaded. 

Is it happening with all curated playlists, only some, etc.? 

Cheers.

Jun 26, 2020 5:46 AM in response to i_rina

Thanks for the reply @i_rina. In most cases the playlists I'm having trouble with none of the songs are added to my library/downloaded.

I ran into the issue today with my "New Music Mix". There are 25 songs on the apple-generated list - none are in my library or downloaded. The first one plays, then when that song is complete, it skips over 21 songs and only 3 are left in the list. No difference I can see between the songs it skipped and the one it plays.

If I go through the playlist one at a time and play each, it works fine.

I had noticed shuffle was on after reporting the issue last time, and turned that off to see if it made any difference. It does not appear to.

Songs skipped/disappear from Apple playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.