Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message trying to open Photos app

Error message "Photos cannot find the System Photo Library.photoslibrary. You can open another library and set it as the System Photo Library in Preferences. Button choices of QUIT or OPEN OTHER...

Photos app worked fine last time I used it 2 days ago. How do I restore? Already tried option/command when opening Photos to get REPAIR option, but REPAIR did not work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 7:31 AM

15 replies

Jun 19, 2020 5:21 PM in response to cajunfla

Ok, trick is to find the problem file...

I suspect move these files to the desktop for now...

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Photos/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Photos.plist

~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.ApplicationRecentDocuments/com.apple.photos.sfl2

~ tilde indicates hidden Home Library.

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1. From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.
  2. In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Method 2:

1. Go to the Finder (or desktop).
  2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
  3. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.

4 Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

~/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/private/com.apple.photoanalysisd/GraphService/PhotosGraph/photosgraph.graphdb-wal

Error message trying to open Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.