Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in Mail for Catalina, headers of email messages wiggle back and forth as the cursor goes over them. Why on earth was this added? How can I get rid of it?

in Mail for Catalina, headers of email messages wiggle back and forth as the cursor goes over them. Why on earth was this added? How can I get rid of it?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 10:25 AM

Oh, I understand what you mean now. Yes, it is annoying since it can very easily happen accidentally.

I for one have never actually used this feature on my mac. It is fine in the iPhone, where I actually use it, but it always seemed out of place in the mac.

I would glady take at least a preference setting to turn it off. AFAICT, there isn't any.

Regarding the screenshot: instead of using command-shift-3 to capture the whole screen, you may use command-shift-4 and drag around the area you want to capture.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 10:25 AM in response to perijettristan

Oh, I understand what you mean now. Yes, it is annoying since it can very easily happen accidentally.

I for one have never actually used this feature on my mac. It is fine in the iPhone, where I actually use it, but it always seemed out of place in the mac.

I would glady take at least a preference setting to turn it off. AFAICT, there isn't any.

Regarding the screenshot: instead of using command-shift-3 to capture the whole screen, you may use command-shift-4 and drag around the area you want to capture.

Jun 19, 2020 1:11 PM in response to perijettristan

This isnt a Feature it is a Bug. I am on 10.15.5 and it does not happen:

I would check if the issue happens with other Mail accounts aswell, if it happens in another user or Safemode. Follow https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 and https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204443. If your issue persists in both mode reinstall MacOS per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904.

If the issue started after updating (.X update) then you can try a reinstall first, but Id still go with test user and Safe mode first.

Sam

PS: with command+shift+5 you can make a Video. But its going to be a format not compatible to upload here... all hail dem GIFs :D

Jun 19, 2020 9:52 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Here is a screen shot of what I see. the band highlighting the email entry shifts back and forth. Here when the cursor moved left, it is in blue. If it shifts the other way, it is red.

There are two icons that appear, one at each end of the line. One I presume is to trash the email, and the other must be to save it somewhere. But I can't find any documentation of exactly what it is.

Sorry, I can't send the file--when I try to compress it, it is still too big to send via this message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.