Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBookAir 2018 will not take screenshots. Why?

I have followed the Apple shortcuts for screenshotting my MacBook Air 2018 and it will not work. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 9:17 AM

I understand you want to take a screenshot but it's not working. Did you follow these instructions: Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support?

If the keyboard shortcut is not working for you:  (Apple menu) > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Screen Shots > Restore Defaults.

If you are using the "Dropbox" product I understand that it intercepts screenshots.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 9:17 AM in response to dawnlauriano

I understand you want to take a screenshot but it's not working. Did you follow these instructions: Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support?

If the keyboard shortcut is not working for you:  (Apple menu) > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Screen Shots > Restore Defaults.

If you are using the "Dropbox" product I understand that it intercepts screenshots.

Jun 19, 2020 9:54 AM in response to dawnlauriano

dawnlauriano wrote:

Shift, Command and 3, 4, and 5 do nothing.

Reinstall macOS according to Reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

If that does not correct the inability to take screenshots then contact Apple: Contact Support.

Needless to say, if you are using, or have used at any time in the past, any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do.

My MacBookAir 2018 will not take screenshots. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.