Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshots not working

I have 11.4 on my MacBook Pro 2020 13" and can't seem to take a screenshot lately. I have done it many times before; it will pop up on my screen and then save to my desktop. However, now it makes the sound that it's taking a shot, but it never pops up or saves to my desktop. I search for it in Finder under "screenshot" but it's nowhere to be found. Y'all know what to do here?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 6:09 AM

dbflorida wrote:

I have 11.4 on my MacBook Pro 2020 13" and can't seem to take a screenshot lately. I have done it many times before; it will pop up on my screen and then save to my desktop. However, now it makes the sound that it's taking a shot, but it never pops up or saves to my desktop. I search for it in Finder under "screenshot" but it's nowhere to be found. Y'all know what to do here?

Open the Screen shot.app ( Shift Command 5) >Options>Save to

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Disappearing screenshots, check:

—iCloud Drive

—Dropbox

—OneDrive

Other known issues:

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 6:09 AM in response to dbflorida

dbflorida wrote:

Open the Screen shot.app ( Shift Command 5) >Options>Save to

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Disappearing screenshots, check:

—iCloud Drive

—Dropbox

—OneDrive

Other known issues:

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

Screenshots not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.