Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Installer

I had a Disc full error and could access my macbook. However, somehow after a few days. I magically managed to clear it and get in. So whilst in I cleared a bit of space purchased some more iCloud and restarted my mac which was updating MacOS software.

The update failed and I cannot open again due to this. Is their a way of hy passing this or getting rid of the installer so that I can hopefully access again?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 4:38 PM

Janeylondon Said:

"MacOS Installer: No I cannot get into the internet at the minute. But I am connected to wifi"

-------

I. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be..

If that does Not Work....

II. Use Ethernet:

Does you Mac have an ethernet port? If not, then this is what you would use:

The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Images of the Item:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 4:38 PM in response to Janeylondon

Janeylondon Said:

"MacOS Installer: No I cannot get into the internet at the minute. But I am connected to wifi"

-------

I. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be..

If that does Not Work....

II. Use Ethernet:

Does you Mac have an ethernet port? If not, then this is what you would use:

The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Images of the Item:

Jun 19, 2020 12:13 PM in response to Janeylondon

Janeylondon Said:

"MacOS Installer: I had a Disc full error and could access my macbook. However, somehow after a few days. I magically managed to clear it and get in. So whilst in I cleared a bit of space purchased some more iCloud and restarted my mac which was updating MacOS software. The update failed and I cannot open again due to this. Is their a way of hy passing this or getting rid of the installer so that I can hopefully access again?"

-------

Connect to the Internet:

What do you see on the top-right cornet of your screen? Is there any Internet connectivity showing? If not, connect to the Internet. Use Ethernet, if that is an available option to you.

MacOS Installer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.