Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer old laptop applications and license to new laptop

Hi there,

I just got a new laptop and I have the old Microsoft Office and Adobe application in the old laptop. How can I move the application and licenses to the new laptop? Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 9:00 PM

Follow the instructions for "transferring information" described in Set up your new Mac - Apple Support.

That does everything possible to transfer whatever license keys are used by those products, but if it does not work then you'll need to contact Microsoft and Adobe respectively.

If you already set up your new Mac and skipped the opportunity to transfer information from the older one, you can use Migration Assistant described in How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 9:00 PM in response to Dod8800

Follow the instructions for "transferring information" described in Set up your new Mac - Apple Support.

That does everything possible to transfer whatever license keys are used by those products, but if it does not work then you'll need to contact Microsoft and Adobe respectively.

If you already set up your new Mac and skipped the opportunity to transfer information from the older one, you can use Migration Assistant described in How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support.

Transfer old laptop applications and license to new laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.