Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot download mojave

Apple support won't let me down load Mojave, only Catalina. I'm upgrading from High Sierra. I want to go to Mojave first, before Catalina. I'm on a late 2012 mac mini, and don't want to go higher OS than I need. How can I get to Mojave download? Thanks in advance

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 6:06 AM

jimmh wrote:

I found this link to the following: macOS Mojave 10.14 by SYSNETTECH Solutions Full Version.iso.
This does not come from the App Store. Is anyone familiar with this, and know that it is safe and reliable to install?
Thanks

Why would you trust anyone on the Internet to tell you it was safe? Anybody that would attempt to use software not downloaded directly from the developer (or App Store) wouldn't have the slightest knowledge as to whether there is any malware embedded into it.

See Eau Rouge's post about why it says "Open" instead of "Get."

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 6:06 AM in response to jimmh

jimmh wrote:

I found this link to the following: macOS Mojave 10.14 by SYSNETTECH Solutions Full Version.iso.
This does not come from the App Store. Is anyone familiar with this, and know that it is safe and reliable to install?
Thanks

Why would you trust anyone on the Internet to tell you it was safe? Anybody that would attempt to use software not downloaded directly from the developer (or App Store) wouldn't have the slightest knowledge as to whether there is any malware embedded into it.

See Eau Rouge's post about why it says "Open" instead of "Get."

Jun 20, 2020 10:34 PM in response to jimmh

When you go to the Mojave download page it should say Get or Download.

If it is saying Open it is detecting a copy or partial copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app

in your Applications folder.

Open your Applications folder, locate Install macOS Mojave.app, move it to the Trash.

Empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the Mojave download page.

It should now say Get or Download.

Start the download.

Don not use the mac while it is downloading.

Do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection,

while the mac is downloading.

Jun 22, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thanks Eau Rouge. This was the problem, mac OS 10.14.6 got into my Application folder. It's strange that when I did the initial download of OS 10.14.6 (which wouldn't load onto my computer because my computer didn't have any previous 10.14 installed) 10.14.6 was delivered as a dmg. When thing got corrected and I went to get 10.14, and I clicked on "Downloaded" it came to me as a direct installation of 10.14.6. What would have happened if I had clicked on "Get"?

cannot download mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.