Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain

I don't like keychain, as some others here also don't. I tried avoiding using it, because I don't like having to manage additional passwords (already too many). Somehow, keychain is now repeatedly popping up all the time asking for me to log into keychain when I access adobe, powerpoint, outlook client, etc. It is insane. Maybe I accidentally entered a keychain login and password at some point, but now I don't even remember that. How to I reset or remove this thing?????

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 3:35 PM

I don't like keychain, as some others here also don't. I tried avoiding using it, because I don't like having to manage additional passwords

Hi, please explain how storing the passwords in Keychain causes more work than writing them down or whatever then hand entering them???

Seems you're fighting the ease of it. :)

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201609#:~:text=Open%20the%20Keychain%20Access%20app,Change%20Password%20for%20Keychain%20'login.&text=Click%20OK%20when%20done%2C%20then%20quit%20Keychain%20Access.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 3:35 PM in response to Feandalf

I don't like keychain, as some others here also don't. I tried avoiding using it, because I don't like having to manage additional passwords

Hi, please explain how storing the passwords in Keychain causes more work than writing them down or whatever then hand entering them???

Seems you're fighting the ease of it. :)

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201609#:~:text=Open%20the%20Keychain%20Access%20app,Change%20Password%20for%20Keychain%20'login.&text=Click%20OK%20when%20done%2C%20then%20quit%20Keychain%20Access.

Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.