Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app. Page for you (search) doesn't work

Hello. After switching from Mojave to Catalina OS page For You stoped working for me. I can't search for new music in Apple Music, while iTunes works perfectly for me. I checked if there are everything good with my subscription and if the synchronization is on, and everything is ok. I can use my old playlists and songs, but can't search for new artists and song. I enclose here pictures for better understanding.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 6:04 AM

Hi, kotrya.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you aren’t able to search for new music using your Apple Music subscription after updating to macOS Catalina. However, it sounds like you’re able to search for content in the iTunes Store. It also appears that you’ve done some great troubleshooting in checking your subscription and ability to access other aspects of your Apple Music.

We suggest checking the Date & Time to make sure it is set correctly. An incorrect reading here can cause issues with accessing some of the Apple servers. (System Preferences > Date & Time)

Then download and run a Malwarebytes scan. Make sure to remove or quarantine any threats and restart your Mac. They have a free version you can download from their website:

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Malwarebytes

Finally, check to see if you have any profiles installed that may be interfering with your connection. If you have a profile installed, you’ll find it at System Preferences > Profiles.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 6:04 AM in response to kotrya

Hi, kotrya.

Thank you for reaching out on the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you aren’t able to search for new music using your Apple Music subscription after updating to macOS Catalina. However, it sounds like you’re able to search for content in the iTunes Store. It also appears that you’ve done some great troubleshooting in checking your subscription and ability to access other aspects of your Apple Music.

We suggest checking the Date & Time to make sure it is set correctly. An incorrect reading here can cause issues with accessing some of the Apple servers. (System Preferences > Date & Time)

Then download and run a Malwarebytes scan. Make sure to remove or quarantine any threats and restart your Mac. They have a free version you can download from their website:

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Malwarebytes

Finally, check to see if you have any profiles installed that may be interfering with your connection. If you have a profile installed, you’ll find it at System Preferences > Profiles.

Cheers.

Music app. Page for you (search) doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.