Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music song search

When I want to search for a song to see if I own it or need to purchase it, I input it into the search bar on the top left of my Mac desktop. It will search my library, and then if not found, I can search the iTunes Store by clicking on the choice bar on the top right - library/Apple Music / iTunes Store. However, after my first search, the top right bar disappears and when I move to the next song I'd like to search, I am stuck forever only in the store. I can't switch back to search my library. Why does the choice bar disappear after my initial search, and how do I get it to display all the time so I can switch my searches back and forth.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 5:10 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2022 6:26 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi, The show filter field is on in the library. That just gives you a search box so you can search within your search. I want to be able to toggle looking for songs between the library and the store. Here is the photo of that choice box in the upper right hand corner (with the three choices of areas to search). Once you initially hit it, you can't go back and forth. The box disappears. It used to just always stay there and you could check the store, then your library, then your store, etc. The only way to get the box back is to hit the back arrow, but sometimes I have searched so many things by then, it will take me literally 30 clicks to get back to the choice bar. Are we certain its a new flaw, or is there some view button I must've turned off accidentally? Thanks : )

Apr 30, 2022 7:18 PM in response to picas

That is a decent work around, but not a great fix. But thank you. If I search library, and then move to iTunes Store, and then click on various other songs they suggest I might like, I could be 20+ back clicks away from the "places to search bar" to reappear. If I did find a song I liked in the iTunes Store at that point, then I'd have to remember the name and artist, click back numerous times, and then retype that info into the search button for the library, rather than just toggle to the library directly from the right hand "places to search" bar. I'd like to just be able to switch places back and forth between searching in my library and searching in iTunes for each song / search, like it used to be, I thought?

apple music song search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.