Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m on an iPhone family plan and every time I open my messages it asks me if I want to add a number to my iMessage and FaceTime. How do I get this to go away?

I’m on an iPhone family plan and every time I open my messages it asks me if I want to add a number to my iMessage and FaceTime. How do I get this to go away?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 3:25 PM

Question for you. Is that telephone number a familiar telephone number to you? If YES then you are probably sharing your Apple ID with the other person and you should stop that by having your own Apple ID. If it is YOUR number that keeps appearing then you should accept it and add it. If that number is not recognized by you then consider changing your Apple ID password because your Apple ID and Password may be compromised.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 3:25 PM in response to helpme9294

Question for you. Is that telephone number a familiar telephone number to you? If YES then you are probably sharing your Apple ID with the other person and you should stop that by having your own Apple ID. If it is YOUR number that keeps appearing then you should accept it and add it. If that number is not recognized by you then consider changing your Apple ID password because your Apple ID and Password may be compromised.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.