Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stay in a family, with Apple Music subscription shared, without purchases default directing to owner’s credit card?

So I’m in a family with my father and sister, and we have an issue where our dad is worried about us accidentally charging him for recurring subscriptions and the likes, so he has “ask to buy” on. This causes quite the inconvenience for me and my sister who want to download buckets of free apps but need to request it for every single one. Is there any way to just turn off having a credit card default for if me or my sister were to start a subscription, it would just ask for a credit card (or something like that) so we can’t access it but we don’t need permission every time we need to download free apps while staying in the family only for The Apple Music family subscription?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:29 AM

Hello LordOfThePuggles,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you're part of a Family Sharing group and want to know about your options for downloading free apps. Is this correct?

It's normal that he would need to approve requests even for free apps as covered here: Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy. He might be able to turn it off using the "How to turn Ask to Buy on or off" section of that link.

I hope this answers your question. Have a good one.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 11:29 AM in response to LordOfThePuggles

Hello LordOfThePuggles,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you're part of a Family Sharing group and want to know about your options for downloading free apps. Is this correct?

It's normal that he would need to approve requests even for free apps as covered here: Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy. He might be able to turn it off using the "How to turn Ask to Buy on or off" section of that link.

I hope this answers your question. Have a good one.

how to stay in a family, with Apple Music subscription shared, without purchases default directing to owner’s credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.