Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iphone11 in water

Hello,

My iphone11 dropped on the first step in the pool, the camera doesn't as if I were taking a picture of someone else. It works as if I would take a "selfie" though. I noticed there is condensation in the bottom camera lens. Is there anything I can do to dry that up at home??

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 8:32 PM

Nope. You can't add AppleCare to a phone you have dropped in water. It's too late now. Apple will need to run diagnostics on the phone and once it get wet, the water sensor was tripped, so it won't pass. A replacement phone is going to cost $399 and it may be refurbished. You are correct that Apple closed all the stores in AZ, due to the spike in Covid-19. Call Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE and they can help you with this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 8:32 PM in response to jessl321

Nope. You can't add AppleCare to a phone you have dropped in water. It's too late now. Apple will need to run diagnostics on the phone and once it get wet, the water sensor was tripped, so it won't pass. A replacement phone is going to cost $399 and it may be refurbished. You are correct that Apple closed all the stores in AZ, due to the spike in Covid-19. Call Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE and they can help you with this.

Jun 20, 2020 8:10 PM in response to jessl321

You can hope it dries out, but don't be surprised if the phone dies. Water damage is not covered by your iPhone warranty. If it is still working, back it up immediately, then schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for likely replacement. If you have AppleCare+ a replacement phone will cost $99. If you don't have AppleCare+ a replacement phone will cost you $399.

Dropped iphone11 in water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.