Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

writing emails on an ipad.

I understand that the iPad email edit App will only handle one font and one size font per email, set in the "settings" pages, but that is prehistoric. If you have a multi format document, you can "share by email" and send emails with multiple fonts in multiple sizes (and colors?) Is that the only way to get that feature, writing the email in some other text editor and sharing (or cut and pasting it?) into the Apple edit screen?

This seems to be clumsy and an easily rectified glaring omission by Apple. Is this going to become a feature sometime? Am I missing something? Surely an "edit font" button could easily be added to the App, or the "B I U " button function could be extended.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 11:15 AM

JSpencer1943 wrote: I understand that the iPad email edit App will only handle one font and one size font per email, set in the "settings" pages

Perhaps I have misunderstood what you want to do, but can't you just tap and select the portion of text you want to format and then tap the Aa above the keyboard and choose the font and size you want for that text?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 11:15 AM in response to JSpencer1943

JSpencer1943 wrote: I understand that the iPad email edit App will only handle one font and one size font per email, set in the "settings" pages

Perhaps I have misunderstood what you want to do, but can't you just tap and select the portion of text you want to format and then tap the Aa above the keyboard and choose the font and size you want for that text?

writing emails on an ipad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.