Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clear the Recents tab in photos?

I recently upgraded to a new Macbook so this might be my issue, however, when I opened my Photos App, the "recents" tab has literally every single picture I have ever put into iPhoto and then the Photos app since 2008. I wouldn't call that "recent" so is there any way to delete the stuff in this tab? I would only want actually recent stuff in that tab since I have the "Photos" tab to see every picture I have ever had already, I don't need multiple tabs all giving me the same list of photos. Thank you for any help!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 10:55 PM

I think it's not possible to customize Recents folder. Don't delete photos in it, otherwise they will be deleted from your library as well.

What you can do is to ignore the default Recents folder and create a smart folder and set it, for example, as Date Captured is in the last 30 days.

1 reply

How do I clear the Recents tab in photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.