Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message about "WacomTabletSpringboard" / Catalina

Every time i boot up my iMac I get an error message telling me that "WacomTabletSpringboard will damage your computer" and that it should be moved to the trash. The Wacom software used is straight from the Wacom site. No matter which option I choose (move to trash / cancel), the message persists which is a bit annoying. I found one post from Nov '19 which describes the same issue, but no solution was recommended at the time (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250847548).

Has anyone in the meantime found a way to resolve this? Maybe it is an issue with a driver, but I'd appreciate some guidance how to resolve this.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:39 AM

I was able to resolve the issue in the meantime, and the "fix" is rather trivial: The offending file was still in the trash folder (which explains why repeated searches for it proved futile), and this caused the message to pop up again and again - infinity loop at its best. Simple "solution" was to delete it permanently from the trash folder.

If anyone at @apple is reading this: I think files that are "quarantined" in the trash folder should not trigger such behavior. As an alternative, it should not be offered to the user to move offending files to trash (where they cause repeated messages), but to permanently delete them.

I hope this helps others with the same or similar issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 12:39 AM in response to juergenrh

I was able to resolve the issue in the meantime, and the "fix" is rather trivial: The offending file was still in the trash folder (which explains why repeated searches for it proved futile), and this caused the message to pop up again and again - infinity loop at its best. Simple "solution" was to delete it permanently from the trash folder.

If anyone at @apple is reading this: I think files that are "quarantined" in the trash folder should not trigger such behavior. As an alternative, it should not be offered to the user to move offending files to trash (where they cause repeated messages), but to permanently delete them.

I hope this helps others with the same or similar issues.

Error message about "WacomTabletSpringboard" / Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.