You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to AirPlay 2 simultaneously to AirPods Pro and Apple TV 4K?

We have two Apple TV 4Ks, two more AirPorts driving amplified loudspeakers, two iPhones 8 Plus, an iPad Pro, and one pair each of AirPods and AirPods Pro. We have deciphered how to AirPlay 2 from an iPhone or iPad simultaneously to multiple Apple TVs and AirPorts - each with independent volume control. Sweet. But one of us is hard of hearing, and we'd love to AirPlay 2 to one of the Apple TVs 4K... while SIMULTANEOUSLY playing to the AirPods Pro (in the ears of the hearing impaired at higher volume than the Apple TV 4K). We cannot find a way to do this. Is it even possible?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 12:32 PM

How about pairing the AirPods Pro to one of the Apple TV devices? Stream the content over both Apple TVs simultaneously with only one projecting to the Television and external speakers and the other streaming the same audio content over the AirPods Pro to one person?

Axel F.

2 replies

Jun 21, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Axel Foley

Axel,

Excellent! I think that might work! Unfortunately, our two Apple TVs are two floors apart, but a third Apple TV in the same room as the home theater might just be the solution. Subsequently, I stumbled across Audio Sharing... if both of us are willing to wear AirPods receiving from the same iPhone/iPad. You have pointed the direction, however. Thank you so much!

Even so, I remain curious. An iPhone/iPad can stream to two sets of AirPods... or two or more Apple TVs/AirPorts. All of that with independent volume controls. Why not one set of AirPods and one Apple TV/AirPort? Some technical or legal issue... or something that Apple never considered? Inquiring minds want to know!

...Milo47

Possible to AirPlay 2 simultaneously to AirPods Pro and Apple TV 4K?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.