Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect iPhone to Airplay while using AirPods for audio output

Hello there. I would like to connect my iPhone 8+ to my Samsung 6 series family TV via airplay while my AirPods Pro are connected to my iPhone - AirPods are the audio output. I do not have an Apple TV. Is there any way I could do this? Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:23 AM

Hi there Mrcodex,

We understand you'd like to use your AirPods while AirPlaying to a TV.

When you AirPlay video from your iPhone, video and audio are sent to the device being AirPlayed to. If the TV you're having has Bluetooth, you may be able to pair your AirPods directly to the TV to listen with them while mirroring, using the steps outlined on the following page: Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 8:23 AM in response to Mrcodex

Hi there Mrcodex,

We understand you'd like to use your AirPods while AirPlaying to a TV.

When you AirPlay video from your iPhone, video and audio are sent to the device being AirPlayed to. If the TV you're having has Bluetooth, you may be able to pair your AirPods directly to the TV to listen with them while mirroring, using the steps outlined on the following page: Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices

Take care!

Connect iPhone to Airplay while using AirPods for audio output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.