Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Added new albums, but photos library date has not changed

Been tidying up photos, new albums, updating faces etc. Using Photos on a mac running Catalina 10.15.5

Just thought would be a good time to make an external backup, (Time machine running every day)

And I noticed that the photo library that I dragged into the external disk, had a date on it around the time I migrated to Catalina..... ? ? ?

Seems very odd, as I have being playing with photos for a few days now.

Is the library upto date and reflects all the new info (albums etc) I have spent time tweaking.

Is this sometime to be worried about.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 12:55 PM

The date modified of the Photos Library is not regularly updated since Catalina.

The Photos Library is actually a folder, bundled as a package. When Photos modifies the internal files in this package, the modification date of the enclosing folder is currently not always updated. Even the size is not always updated instantly.

But the library seems to be working as expected.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 12:55 PM in response to goslings

The date modified of the Photos Library is not regularly updated since Catalina.

The Photos Library is actually a folder, bundled as a package. When Photos modifies the internal files in this package, the modification date of the enclosing folder is currently not always updated. Even the size is not always updated instantly.

But the library seems to be working as expected.

Added new albums, but photos library date has not changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.