Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my photo library not change after taking additional photos?

I copied my photo library to an external disk

Then I opened my photos to the cloud and now I can see them on all my devices

I have taken many additional photos

I want to back my photo library up but the modified date and the size are identical to what I had when I backed it up before opening my photos to the cloud

In my time machine the photos library has not changed either

Where are the photos I took recently stored

More important how can I back my all my photos up?

I am running Catalina

thank you

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 12:24 AM

Hi - It is normal (depending on your MacOS version - certainly in Catalina) for the date on the library to not change. It is not a single file but a so called "package" (like a folder with subfolders and files, but the contents are normally hidden). If you can see your new pictures in the app, then they are stored in the library, but adding files to the library doesn't cause the date on the top level package/folder to change.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 12:24 AM in response to tommmy

Hi - It is normal (depending on your MacOS version - certainly in Catalina) for the date on the library to not change. It is not a single file but a so called "package" (like a folder with subfolders and files, but the contents are normally hidden). If you can see your new pictures in the app, then they are stored in the library, but adding files to the library doesn't cause the date on the top level package/folder to change.

Why does my photo library not change after taking additional photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.