Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i update firmware from a PC? I don't have an apple device other than the airport router

how do i update firmware from a PC? I don't have an apple device other than the airport router

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 1:47 PM

The airport router can be updated from Windows version of the airport utility. That is v5.6.1

How are you currently seeing it needs a firmware update?

The only version Airport that is not actually rated as being 5.6.1 controlled is the AC model Extreme and Time Capsule.. although for the most part it works fine. I will test it and see.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2020 1:47 PM in response to airportuser1920

The airport router can be updated from Windows version of the airport utility. That is v5.6.1

How are you currently seeing it needs a firmware update?

The only version Airport that is not actually rated as being 5.6.1 controlled is the AC model Extreme and Time Capsule.. although for the most part it works fine. I will test it and see.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.