Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch cannot pair without format. Please help

So, a year and a half ago I got my brand new Apple Watch series 4. From there I have been collecting activity medals. The Phone that the watch was linked to was an iPhone 7 Plus that I got before my Apple Watch. I also owned a Mavic Mini DJI drone at that time too.

I was out flying my drone with my phone that I am currently using. Until all of a sudden the drone app crashed so I had to restart my

iPhone. However when it turned back on it stayed on the Apple Screen. Even if I tried restarting again. Luckily I fixed it by formatting my iPhone as that was the only way. There was no backup of anything, not even my Apple Watch medals. I opened the watch App on my iPhone to check if my watch was paired and it wasn’t. My medals can only be accessed by activity sharing with other people and my watch itself but not my iPhone! I Then looked up ways on how to repair my Apple Watch back to my iPhone, and the only way was to format the watch! That means if I try and repair my watch back to my iPhone, I will lose all of my activity medals! And I don’t want that to happen! I have never had a watch backup before even when my phone got formatted.

Could someone please find a way to help me pair my watch with my iPhone again without formatting it or backing it up in a different way so I can keep my medals? Thanks.

FinTGM

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 2:53 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 22, 2020 6:04 AM in response to FinTGM

The only way you can fix this is if you have a backup in itunes or icloud,if it is an old backup then you could restore from this but you will lose anything after the date of the backup.

Your awards and badges are saved in the activity app on the phone and if you reset and erased your phone then unless you made a backup of the phone then they are gone for good.

If you have a backup somewhere then follow these steps first;

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Then;

Set up and pair Apple Watch

and restore it from the backup if you have one.

Apple Watch cannot pair without format. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.