Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different keyboard layouts MacBook Pro 13"

Why are there different keyboard layouts on the new updated MacBook Pro 13"? The Dutch Apple website shows a different layout compared to the US website. For me it is about the ENTER key position. In the US version it is a wide horizontal key and on the NL version a high vertical key.

I find the NL version (I have currently an early 2019 model) highly annoying and prefer the horizontal key position to avoid mistyping the \ continuously!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:34 AM

VisserF wrote: Why are there different keyboard layouts on the new updated MacBook Pro 13"? The Dutch Apple website shows a different layout compared to the US website. For me it is about the ENTER key position. In the US version it is a wide horizontal key and on the NL version a high vertical key.

Machines sold in the US normally have ANSI keyboards with horizontal enter. Machines sold in Europe normally have ISO keyboards with vertical enter (and extra key next to left shift). If you want horizontal enter you choose the Engels (VS) option when you buy. Everything else will be ISO with vertical enter.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 5:34 AM in response to VisserF

VisserF wrote: Why are there different keyboard layouts on the new updated MacBook Pro 13"? The Dutch Apple website shows a different layout compared to the US website. For me it is about the ENTER key position. In the US version it is a wide horizontal key and on the NL version a high vertical key.

Machines sold in the US normally have ANSI keyboards with horizontal enter. Machines sold in Europe normally have ISO keyboards with vertical enter (and extra key next to left shift). If you want horizontal enter you choose the Engels (VS) option when you buy. Everything else will be ISO with vertical enter.

Different keyboard layouts MacBook Pro 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.