Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotify on watch

Hi I recently purchased Apple Watch 5 with 4g. I bought it mainly so I can go running without my iPhone and listen to music through Wireless headphones via Spotify which I understood was possible.

however despite the headphones being connected, when I click on the Spotify app on the watch no music plays. The only time it plays is when the phone is nearby and the music plays out through the phone which is useless.

can someone help!?! Thanks so much

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 3:43 PM

Spotify DOES NOT support the Apple Watch. The most Spotify is willing to do, is provide a remote control for the iPhone Spotify app.

If you want music on your Apple Watch you can use

• Pandora (streaming or offline playlists, and full Siri integration)
  • Apple Music (streaming or offline playlists and full Siri integration)
  • Transfer your own music from your iPhone to the Apple Watch for offline playing.

If you want Spotify, you will have to contact Spotify and ask them when they plan on supporting the Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 3:43 PM in response to Toby_Webb13

Spotify DOES NOT support the Apple Watch. The most Spotify is willing to do, is provide a remote control for the iPhone Spotify app.

If you want music on your Apple Watch you can use

• Pandora (streaming or offline playlists, and full Siri integration)
  • Apple Music (streaming or offline playlists and full Siri integration)
  • Transfer your own music from your iPhone to the Apple Watch for offline playing.

If you want Spotify, you will have to contact Spotify and ask them when they plan on supporting the Apple Watch.

Spotify on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.