Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE: Music keeps playing on iPhone instead of the Apple Watch

Hey! I recently got the Apple Watch SE second generation and was able to play Spotify on my Apple Watch. However, when I tried playing Spotify and YouTube music on my Apple Watch the next day, it keeps playing the music on my iPhone. How do I fix this??

I want to play music on the Apple Watch only without it connecting to/playing on my iPhone.

I restarted my Apple Watch, deleted and re-downloaded Spotify, and restarted my iPhone but none of it is working. Every single time I play Spotify on my Apple Watch, it ends up playing on my iPhone ugh... (Not sure if this is relevant but my bluebooth is on for my watch and iPhone, and I turned of the auto-launch audio because the internet said it would help but it is not working.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 11:47 AM

Hi ktangerinee,

You mentioned that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices. To play music on your Apple Watch, you'll also need to connect Bluetooth headphones or a speaker to the Apple Watch. You can find this information in Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch

"Pair your Bluetooth accessory

1. Put your Bluetooth accessory in pairing mode using the instructions that came with it.
  2. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > Bluetooth. Your Apple Watch will search for nearby Bluetooth accessories.
  3. Choose your Bluetooth accessory. 
  4. If asked, enter a passkey or PIN."

Use AirPods and other Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch has information if needed to connect your Bluetooth accessory.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 11:47 AM in response to ktangerinee

Hi ktangerinee,

You mentioned that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices. To play music on your Apple Watch, you'll also need to connect Bluetooth headphones or a speaker to the Apple Watch. You can find this information in Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch

"Pair your Bluetooth accessory

1. Put your Bluetooth accessory in pairing mode using the instructions that came with it.
  2. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > Bluetooth. Your Apple Watch will search for nearby Bluetooth accessories.
  3. Choose your Bluetooth accessory. 
  4. If asked, enter a passkey or PIN."

Use AirPods and other Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch has information if needed to connect your Bluetooth accessory.

Cheers!

Apple Watch SE: Music keeps playing on iPhone instead of the Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.