You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background app refresh not working

Hi, I’m using Iphone 11 Pro, IOS 13.5.1. My phone is not refreshing all the app in background not until it is open. I have set the the Background App Refresh into ON but it is not affect at all. This is impacting all application incl. Email, Messenger, all social media with message. Therefore, I didn’t get any notification not until I open the app one by one. I have also many data in the phone especially in the messengers and I don’t want to loose it by using reset factory default. Let me know if there’s any way to fix this.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 9:39 AM

Hello Christ_Sitanala,

It sounds like you have several apps that are not displaying notifications or receiving emails. Emails you can edit the Fetch settings to determine when emails will refresh. Check out this link for support.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Otherwise I would check the notification settings off the effected apps.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If this is occurring with all notifications then make sure Do not Disturb is not active.

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2020 9:39 AM in response to christ_sitanala

Hello Christ_Sitanala,

It sounds like you have several apps that are not displaying notifications or receiving emails. Emails you can edit the Fetch settings to determine when emails will refresh. Check out this link for support.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Otherwise I would check the notification settings off the effected apps.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If this is occurring with all notifications then make sure Do not Disturb is not active.

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Background app refresh not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.