Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring contacts from android

How do I transfer my contacts from Android after I have initially done the "Move to iOs"?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 7:07 AM

Contacts are associated with an email account. If your android contacts were synced with gmail (which is the Android default) just add your gmail account to your iPhone and the contacts will appear in the Contacts app. You can do this in Settings/Passwords & Accounts. Or install the free gmail app from the app store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 7:07 AM in response to aprilfromdovi

Contacts are associated with an email account. If your android contacts were synced with gmail (which is the Android default) just add your gmail account to your iPhone and the contacts will appear in the Contacts app. You can do this in Settings/Passwords & Accounts. Or install the free gmail app from the app store.

transferring contacts from android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.