Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Notification Delay

After the last update, my text notifications and alert sounds will not go off until I look at my phone/wake it up. Is this a bug, or...?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 12:30 PM

Hi pirate.satellite,

Thanks for posting. We know it's important to receive your notifications. It sounds like you're not hearing notification tones until you pick up your device. Is that correct?

To double-check, when you say the last update, are you referring to iOS 13.5.1?

Is this only happening with Messages?

Have you checked out your Attention Aware feature settings yet under Settings > Face ID & Passcode? About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

We also suggest tapping Settings > Notifications and reviewing the settings for any affected apps: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this helps. Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 12:30 PM in response to pirate.satellite

Hi pirate.satellite,

Thanks for posting. We know it's important to receive your notifications. It sounds like you're not hearing notification tones until you pick up your device. Is that correct?

To double-check, when you say the last update, are you referring to iOS 13.5.1?

Is this only happening with Messages?

Have you checked out your Attention Aware feature settings yet under Settings > Face ID & Passcode? About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

We also suggest tapping Settings > Notifications and reviewing the settings for any affected apps: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this helps. Kind regards.

Text Notification Delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.