📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod won’t reset. Urgent help needed!

My HomePod has been at the white spinning light like forever. I tried resetting it by pressing my finger on top of my HomePod and hold for 5 seconds, it turns red but I did not hear any beeps as suggested. Once I lifted my finger, the white spinning light appears again. I’m based in Singapore and the apple service center in Singapore doesn’t support HomePod.

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 11:29 PM

If it still won’t reset , try these options:

Restart HomePod

Open the Home app on your iOS device. Tap and hold HomePod, then tap Settings . Scroll down and select Reset HomePod. Then tap Restart HomePod. 

Remove HomePod from the Home app

Reset HomePod by removing it from the Home app, then set it up again. Open the Home app on your iOS device or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID used to set up HomePod. On your iOS device, press and hold HomePod. On your Mac, double-click it. Tap or click Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap or click Remove Accessory.

If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2020 11:29 PM in response to Kinkikid

If it still won’t reset , try these options:

Restart HomePod

Open the Home app on your iOS device. Tap and hold HomePod, then tap Settings . Scroll down and select Reset HomePod. Then tap Restart HomePod. 

Remove HomePod from the Home app

Reset HomePod by removing it from the Home app, then set it up again. Open the Home app on your iOS device or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID used to set up HomePod. On your iOS device, press and hold HomePod. On your Mac, double-click it. Tap or click Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap or click Remove Accessory.

If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Jun 22, 2020 7:52 PM in response to Kinkikid

It’s very important you count to 5 twice as instructed

Try again

1. Unplug HomePod, wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 5 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down.
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.

Or try to Use the Home app to reset HomePod- instructions in the link below:

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Jun 22, 2020 11:22 PM in response to Kinkikid

”definitely more than 5 second) and counted for more than 5 seconds“

No. don’t go over 5 seconds! It’s 5 seconds. Try it again

As soon as you plug it back in, as the prongs are inserted in the outlet, start counting to five, then put your finger on

• Another thing, If you have two HomePod speakers set up as a stereo pair, then you'll need to ungroup the stereo pair before you can reset HomePod.

Jun 22, 2020 8:08 PM in response to Vancouver22

Hi,

I did unplug for awhile (definitely more than 5 second) and counted for more than 5 second after plugging it back to power. I have done resetting the device before so I know what to expect. However, for this time, Siri did not respond at all (it supposed to say my HomePod is about to reset). It returns to the white spinning light state once I lifted my fingers.

HomePod won’t reset. Urgent help needed!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.