Can’t reset HomePod

I can’t reset my Homepod. I press my finger on the top, the pulsing light turns red, I keep my finger there, eventually the center light stops and the Homepod returns to only showing the illuminated + and - which flash on and off. Home app says the HomePod is being configured, Additional settings will be available shortly. It has said that for days/weeks (months?).

HomePod

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 9:29 AM

Have you tried doing it in the Home App?

If they are set up as a stereo pair, you will have to ungroup them first.

Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 28, 2023 1:15 PM in response to FigMcFig

Is this a single HomePod or a pair? The reset option will not come up when 2 HomePods are grouped in a stereo pair and will have to be ungrouped first.

With the "No Response" notification, try restarting the router and verify wifi connection on the device using the Home app.

If still no luck, unplug the HomePod for 10 minutes and plug back in. Some users have reported this worked for them when the volume lights flashed, others claimed that if was a Logic board failure and they needed to make a Genius appointment at Apple. Obviously the hardware failure would be worst case, so hopefully we can get this HomePod to start responding.

Can’t reset HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.