Can't Reset HomePod. Option on instruction not work.

I have HomePod. I do everything by instruction "Reset HomePod or HomePod mini" but i still can't reset. After i press finger i see red light but after 30 seconds the light just turn off and that all.

HomePod

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 2:19 PM

You really have to pay attention to the timing. Wait a bit longer once the red light comes on.

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

if it’s a HomePod mini you could restore it on a Mac. Which model is it?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 2:19 PM in response to mtdenis

You really have to pay attention to the timing. Wait a bit longer once the red light comes on.

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

if it’s a HomePod mini you could restore it on a Mac. Which model is it?

Can't Reset HomePod. Option on instruction not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.