Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages app keeps sending an error message stating pages quit unexpectedly

The pages app on my mac book will not open. It keeps sending an error message stating pages quit unexpectedly. I've updated my mac and restarted the mac. Still continues to pop up. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 3:06 PM

Hi annissa,

Do another restart, this time into Safe Mode.

Click Restart in the Apple menu, wait while your Mac shuts down, then restarts.

As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the shift key, releasing it when the screen shows the Log in page.

Log in to Safe mode will take longer than usual, as the Mac calls more housecleaning routines. You'll also notice a degradation of video performance.

After testing, Restart again, this time just a 'regular' restart, and retest Pages behaviour.

More information regarding Safe Mode here: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 3:06 PM in response to annissa08

Hi annissa,

Do another restart, this time into Safe Mode.

Click Restart in the Apple menu, wait while your Mac shuts down, then restarts.

As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the shift key, releasing it when the screen shows the Log in page.

Log in to Safe mode will take longer than usual, as the Mac calls more housecleaning routines. You'll also notice a degradation of video performance.

After testing, Restart again, this time just a 'regular' restart, and retest Pages behaviour.

More information regarding Safe Mode here: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Regards,

Barry

Pages app keeps sending an error message stating pages quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.