Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset iphone without losing icloud data

I would like to reset my iphone 7 plus and then reinstall the Apps and the data from icloud. The reason of doing this is because the memory is full and my iphone is slow. I would like to have recommendations. Just want to make sure I can do this without losing when resetting the phone.

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 3:51 PM

Hello feflrj.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to restore your iPhone from a previous backup. We’re happy to help.

Restoring your iPhone removes the content that is on your phone. It will not delete the content you backed up to iCloud.

We recommend creating a backup prior to restoring our phone. Here’s how to backup to iCloud: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Please use the steps here to restore from your iCloud backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

You mentioned your iPhone has slow performance. Please try the steps here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

If you haven’t done so, please use the steps here to ensure you have the latest iOS update installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 3:51 PM in response to feflrj

Hello feflrj.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to restore your iPhone from a previous backup. We’re happy to help.

Restoring your iPhone removes the content that is on your phone. It will not delete the content you backed up to iCloud.

We recommend creating a backup prior to restoring our phone. Here’s how to backup to iCloud: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Please use the steps here to restore from your iCloud backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

You mentioned your iPhone has slow performance. Please try the steps here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

If you haven’t done so, please use the steps here to ensure you have the latest iOS update installed: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

reset iphone without losing icloud data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.