Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes loads but I can't see music beyond first page of the store.

Firstly, my iTines cloud music library seems to constantly be in updating mode. Bottom left of music app (using 10.15.5 on iMac late 2013 27"), keeps telling me "Updating cloud music library".

Secondly, If I click on For You or Browse or Radio - top left I can see all the images of various music and artists, albums covers etc as normal. Then if I click on any one of these images to select the music either featured playlist, new releases etc I get a black screen - nothing even after 5 mins. Can't even connect to live radio Beats 1 nothing.

I have tried restart of whole computer, I have tried signing out and in of my account, I have turned off cloud music and back on again and I have even deleted iTunes Library itl. Still the same.

Can anyone help?

Andrew

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 5:12 PM

Hi there ajking,

I’m happy to see that you posted to the Apple Support Communities for assistance and I understand you're having some issues with the Music app. I’m happy to help with that.

I suggest trying two troubleshooting steps that may help to isolate the source of the issue.

For the first step, I recommend booting into safe mode, logging in and testing to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for safe mode located here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If you’re still noticing issues after safe mode, check to see if this is something that's isolated to just your user on your Mac, or if it's system-wide.

Please use these steps to create a new user on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Wishing you the best! 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2020 5:12 PM in response to ajking

Hi there ajking,

I’m happy to see that you posted to the Apple Support Communities for assistance and I understand you're having some issues with the Music app. I’m happy to help with that.

I suggest trying two troubleshooting steps that may help to isolate the source of the issue.

For the first step, I recommend booting into safe mode, logging in and testing to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for safe mode located here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If you’re still noticing issues after safe mode, check to see if this is something that's isolated to just your user on your Mac, or if it's system-wide.

Please use these steps to create a new user on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Wishing you the best! 

iTunes loads but I can't see music beyond first page of the store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.