Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and Password are incorrect error showing even though the information is 100% correct.

I'm seriously just trying to update a single app that I can't open if it isn't updated. I have made a new account, reset my password three times, restarted my device multiple times, and for the past two hours have been waiting for someone from Apple to finally take me off hold.

The password is correct, yet I cannot update this singular app. This is beyond frustration because it's just a tiny problem causing such a nuisance. After a few hours of trying and trying, now it's giving me an error that says to Open settings to continue signing in with... The email that pops up isn't associated with my device in any way or form. Could I get ANY sort of help with this issue?

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 6:54 PM

If you made a new account, you need to delete the app, and download it again using your new ID. All purchases are tied to the ID used when the app was originally downloaded.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple ID and Password are incorrect error showing even though the information is 100% correct.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.