Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR after taking screenshot, cannot lock screen

Recently I updated my iOS to 13.5 and then 13.5.1, the problem keeps annoying me.

I found the issue was happening some days after the upgrade of iOS. I took screenshot with using the volume + button and also the Power On/Off button. I noticed that after taking the screenshot, the Power On/Off button does not work on Lock my screen. I double checked and it can be reproduced again and again. Every time I met this issue, I need to reboot my iPhone. I also checked if this is the Power On/off button issue, and proved that there has no issue. I pressed the Power button for long time, it prompts for restart the iPhone or Shout for SOS etc. So it means there should have no issue on the mechanical side (i guess).

I tested several days without taking any Screenshots, there has no issue on Locking. But once I take the screenshot, the issue appeared.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:05 AM

I'm experiencing this issue too. However I'm unsure what action leeds to this condition - I'm not able to reproduce the error taking a screenshot like you describe.

I have seen it on two phones running ios 13.5.1 - iPhone 11 pro and iPhone 6S

On the iPhone 11 pro problem seems to go away if I press either vol + / -

however this does not seem to have any effect on the iPhone 6S

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 4:05 AM in response to tlau003

I'm experiencing this issue too. However I'm unsure what action leeds to this condition - I'm not able to reproduce the error taking a screenshot like you describe.

I have seen it on two phones running ios 13.5.1 - iPhone 11 pro and iPhone 6S

On the iPhone 11 pro problem seems to go away if I press either vol + / -

however this does not seem to have any effect on the iPhone 6S

iPhone XR after taking screenshot, cannot lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.