Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Prefs gone after update?

Hi ALl,

I have a MAcbook running High Sierra 10.13.6.

After recent safari update my passwords no longer autopopulate and when I try to open Safari preferences from bar it wont open?

Also keep geting interfering messages saying "X" wants to use keychain login?

HElp??!!

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:54 PM

Accountsd asking you often…

Just open the "Keychain Access", click right on the "login" keychain in the sidebar, select "Change settings for Keychain "login"" and unselect both options "Lock after ..." and "Lock when sleeping". – Tom Kraina Sep 8 '16 at 10:55

But it sounds like you may need this,,,

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later.

Command (⌘)-R Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 5:54 PM in response to Epicdoc

Accountsd asking you often…

Just open the "Keychain Access", click right on the "login" keychain in the sidebar, select "Change settings for Keychain "login"" and unselect both options "Lock after ..." and "Lock when sleeping". – Tom Kraina Sep 8 '16 at 10:55

But it sounds like you may need this,,,

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later.

Command (⌘)-R Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Safari Prefs gone after update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.