Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive "missing" from Files App on iPad

Hi everyone!

I am hoping this is something simple. In the past 2 weeks, I noticed that my Google Drive app no longer appears in the Files app on my iPad. The issue doesn't affect my iPhone where I can still access Google Drive via Files.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I use Goodnotes daily, and am always importing PDFs to mark-up from Google Drive, which is now impossible to do directly from the Goodnotes app, as it is integreated with files.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling both apps, restarting my iPad, but nothing has worked so far!

Thank you!

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:09 AM

The sequence matters...

First, delete the Google Drive App from your iPad. Next, force-restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting the iPad, reinstall the Google Drive App. Launch the App - and ensure that you can access Google Drive - you will need to enter your Google account credentials.

Finally, launch the native Files App. If Google Drive does not appear in the Locations list, tap the ellipsis (“three dots”) icon at top right of the sidebar, then tap Edit; explicitly enable Google Drive, then tap Done.

I hope this information proves to be helpful in resolving the problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 3:09 AM in response to britgiggy

The sequence matters...

First, delete the Google Drive App from your iPad. Next, force-restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restarting the iPad, reinstall the Google Drive App. Launch the App - and ensure that you can access Google Drive - you will need to enter your Google account credentials.

Finally, launch the native Files App. If Google Drive does not appear in the Locations list, tap the ellipsis (“three dots”) icon at top right of the sidebar, then tap Edit; explicitly enable Google Drive, then tap Done.

I hope this information proves to be helpful in resolving the problem.

Google Drive "missing" from Files App on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.