Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6S doesn’t ring when a call comes in and doesn’t notify me of a text.

I’ve checked all sound settings for my iPhone 6S because my phone doesn’t ring when a call comes in and doesn’t alert me when I receive a text. What can I do to fix these problems?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:58 AM

Some things to check:

The ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers (doesn't affect texts): Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Do Not Disturb: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 10:58 AM in response to Streettrees

Some things to check:

The ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers (doesn't affect texts): Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Do Not Disturb: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPhone 6S doesn’t ring when a call comes in and doesn’t notify me of a text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.