Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kid using text messaging on IPod Touch

My kid wants to use the texting function on her ipod Touch but when we entered my AppleID, she had access to all my contacts etc. The device doesn't let us create her own apple ID because it says too many AppleID were used with this device (it was her sister's). How can she text without using my information?

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 2:30 PM

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their device. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the device to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 2:30 PM in response to LNA2015

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their device. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the device to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Kid using text messaging on IPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.