Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using iPhone search

When I use the search on my iphone 6 and look for "newegg" why does it not show the app, the most obvious thing I would want. And the app IS installed on my iPhone. I use search as my primary means of opening an app. To be clear, this is the swipe down gesture. Other apps seem to be

"found" just fine.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 9:41 AM

Hello engineerofav,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that when searching for one of your apps it is not showing in the search results. You may want to check the search settings for the app and make sure Show in Search is enabled as described in the following article:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Change search settings

You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. To do this:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
  2. Scroll down and select an app.
  3. Then select Show in Search, Suggest Shortcuts, or Show Siri Suggestions to allow or prevent results and shortcut suggestions from showing up. When you turn these features off, you'll have the option to select Show App. Turn this off to prevent the app from appearing in your search results. 

You can also enable Suggestions on Lock Screen to prevent an app from appearing on the Lock screen as a Siri suggestion. Learn more about Siri suggestions." 

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 9:41 AM in response to engineerofav

Hello engineerofav,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that when searching for one of your apps it is not showing in the search results. You may want to check the search settings for the app and make sure Show in Search is enabled as described in the following article:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Change search settings

You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. To do this:

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
  2. Scroll down and select an app.
  3. Then select Show in Search, Suggest Shortcuts, or Show Siri Suggestions to allow or prevent results and shortcut suggestions from showing up. When you turn these features off, you'll have the option to select Show App. Turn this off to prevent the app from appearing in your search results. 

You can also enable Suggestions on Lock Screen to prevent an app from appearing on the Lock screen as a Siri suggestion. Learn more about Siri suggestions." 

Best Regards.

using iPhone search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.