Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multitasking

I recently got my iphone SE 2nd edition and i was wondering if i could get to the multitask screen you get to by double clicking the home screen by pressing down on the left side of the screen. I just upgraded from my iphone 7 and that was one feature i loved about it and i wanted to know if my iphone SE was capable of doing it too.

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 6:03 PM

You must be talking about the App Switcher. I remember when one was able to open the App Switcher by pressing on the left edge of the screen and dragging out. Unfortunately that method of App Switching does not exist in iOS 12 or iOS 13.

You can open the App Switcher (you already knew this) in the following manner:

Use the App Switcher

1) To see all your open apps in the App Switcher, do the following:

• On an iPhone with Face ID: Swipe up from the bottom edge and pause in the center of the screen.
  • On an iPhone with a Home button: Double-click the Home button.

2) To browse the open apps, swipe right, then tap the app you want to use.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 6:03 PM in response to h4nn4hs

You must be talking about the App Switcher. I remember when one was able to open the App Switcher by pressing on the left edge of the screen and dragging out. Unfortunately that method of App Switching does not exist in iOS 12 or iOS 13.

You can open the App Switcher (you already knew this) in the following manner:

Use the App Switcher

1) To see all your open apps in the App Switcher, do the following:

• On an iPhone with Face ID: Swipe up from the bottom edge and pause in the center of the screen.
  • On an iPhone with a Home button: Double-click the Home button.

2) To browse the open apps, swipe right, then tap the app you want to use.

Axel F.

multitasking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.