Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver Changes Wallpaper

When I turn on screen saver, it alters the image I set as my wallpaper. Originally I set a background image that is mainly black but has a few white and blue swirls through it, but when I turn on screen saver (specifically the "drift" mode in Catalina) it changes all the black in the wallpaper image to a dark grey. I edited the image specifically to be mainly black as it does a very good job at blending into the bezel and almost makes it disappear. I'm wondering how I can fix it so that I can still use this screen saver but keep the original wallpaper that I designated.

Before I use screen saver:

After I use screen saver:

Its not a very noticeable difference but when put up against the pure black MacBook Pro bezels, its quite an annoying difference.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 3:37 PM

I figured it out: I had a background program that was trying to save energy by using editing my wallpaper instead of referencing and dimming the wall paper, it was a bug and its now fixed.

1 reply

Screensaver Changes Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.