Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook only turns on when plugged in

I have a 2015 13inch Macbook Air. Recently, my notebook will not operate unless it is plugged into the power source. According to my Mac's system report the battery condition is normal, and it is fully charged, however as soon as I unplug my device it turns off due to insufficient power. Has this happened to anyone else? And how did you fix it? I would really appreciate any help or tips as my nearest Apple store is a 6 hour drive away and taking it in to get fixed is really an absolute last resort.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 8:20 AM

Please refer to If your Mac battery status is "Not Charging" - Apple Support and read all the links under "See also."

They don't provide much more than instructions to reset the SMC which you already tried, but sometimes multiple persistent attempts are required. If you decide additional attempts are futile, follow the instructions under Find how to service or repair your Mac.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 8:20 AM in response to nialewis2

Please refer to If your Mac battery status is "Not Charging" - Apple Support and read all the links under "See also."

They don't provide much more than instructions to reset the SMC which you already tried, but sometimes multiple persistent attempts are required. If you decide additional attempts are futile, follow the instructions under Find how to service or repair your Mac.

Macbook only turns on when plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.