Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook cannot turn on with battery connected

My MacBook Pro early 15 won't turn on if the battery is connected.

I can turn it on only with the power supply.

If I reconnect the battery while it is running on power supply, it can continue to run on battery only.

The battery is new.

Any suggestions??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 1:46 PM

If Apple or an AASP installed the battery, then you have 90 days for them to make things right.

If you replaced the battery with a third party battery, then the replacement battery is likely bad, or the Logic Board was damaged while replacing the battery. The quality of third party Lithium-ion Batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from a reputable vendor such as OWC which is why I will always choose an original Apple OEM battery whenever they are still available. It is hard to say which of these two parts is bad without trying a known good battery, although the battery is usually the weakest link, but it is also easy to damage the Logic Board on this model when removing the battery.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 1:46 PM in response to eht22

If Apple or an AASP installed the battery, then you have 90 days for them to make things right.

If you replaced the battery with a third party battery, then the replacement battery is likely bad, or the Logic Board was damaged while replacing the battery. The quality of third party Lithium-ion Batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from a reputable vendor such as OWC which is why I will always choose an original Apple OEM battery whenever they are still available. It is hard to say which of these two parts is bad without trying a known good battery, although the battery is usually the weakest link, but it is also easy to damage the Logic Board on this model when removing the battery.

Macbook cannot turn on with battery connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.