Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing titles when expanding compound clips

I created a pretty elaborate video using many secondary timelines so I combined them all in a compound clip. Then I added my titles, which included song lyrics so they were fairly complex and numerous. I realized I had made a mistake in the compound clip and expanded it to fix my mistake. All my titles disappeared within the video viewer. In my fear for losing them I undid my expansion and the titles reappeared. How do I make my needed changes in the timeline without losing or changing my titles? Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 3:58 AM

Ian Brown pointed out in another thread what seems to be the problem here.

You double-click the compound clip to open it in its own timeline and make adjustments. That is fine.

Now just click "<" above the timeline to return to your project. Everything is still there.

4 replies

Jun 23, 2020 11:53 PM in response to Tina Soprano

Control-click your project in the browser and choose "Duplicate as Snapshot".

This will create a separate copy, so if necessary you can go back to the exact state you are in now.

As to why titles may be disappearing, I can't say without knowing more about the way things are.

It may have a simple explanation (that is often the case...) but it may help if you know more.

Could you post some screenshots of your timeline illustrating the structure of these compounds and where the titles are?

Disappearing titles when expanding compound clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.