Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't accept my Facebook password

When I try to enable Share in System Preferences Internet Accounts my Facebook password is not recognised. I've signed out and back into Facebook using the same password and ID.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 8:12 AM

Directly sharing to FaceBook from Photos is no longer supported, even if your version of Photos is still showing it. Newer versions of MacOS X are not showing the option any longer. Your Mac with OS X 10.11 is still showing the accounts for social media, but Apple supports it no longer since Jun 2017.

To work with your FaceBook account, open it in a web browser and use the browser to sign in. Then upload the photos from there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 8:12 AM in response to Ken Beagley

Directly sharing to FaceBook from Photos is no longer supported, even if your version of Photos is still showing it. Newer versions of MacOS X are not showing the option any longer. Your Mac with OS X 10.11 is still showing the accounts for social media, but Apple supports it no longer since Jun 2017.

To work with your FaceBook account, open it in a web browser and use the browser to sign in. Then upload the photos from there.

Photos won't accept my Facebook password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.